Reins International (USA) Co., Ltd.
LAST UPDATED: December 31, 2019
- PURPOSE OF POLICY. This Policy explains how Gyu-Kaku uses your information and applies to all who visit our Gyu-Kaku restaurants or who use our websites, mobile or tablet websites, mobile or tablet applications, electronic services, social networking sites, interactive features, software, technology, tools, content, promotions, sweepstakes, services, products, goods, equipment, and any other materials or any other online activities or platform we own or control (collectively, the “Gyu-Kaku Site”), or when you contact us in any manner. We created this Policy to give you confidence as you visit and use the Gyu-Kaku Site, and to demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices and the protection of privacy. This Policy is only applicable to the Gyu-Kaku Site and not to any other websites or mobile applications that you may be able to access from the Gyu-Kaku Site, each of which may have data collection and use practices and policies that differ materially from this Policy.
- DISCLAIMERS. This Policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond Gyu-Kaku’s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation. This online Policy only applies to information collected through the Gyu-Kaku Site. This Policy does not apply to any information we may collect from you in any place other than the Gyu-Kaku Site.
THE GYU-KAKU SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 TO 17 YEARS, YOU MUST ACCESS AND/OR USE THE GYU-KAKU SITE ONLY WITH THE PERMISSION AND INVOLVEMENT OF YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
- NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN. The Gyu-Kaku Site is a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Gyu-Kaku Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES. Depending on how you use the Gyu-Kaku Site, we may ask you to share personal information with us. Whether you choose to give us information is completely up to you; however, if you choose to withhold information, you may not be able to fully utilize the Gyu-Kaku
What Information Does Gyu-Kaku Collect? We will receive, collect, store, and process information, including personal information and non-identifying information, when you interact with us and access the Gyu-Kaku Site. Non-identifying information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from cookies (discussed in greater detail below). Personal information means information about you that specifically identifies you, or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This generally includes but is not limited to the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, user name(s), password(s), postal address(es), business information, email address(es), telephone number(s), or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Personal Preferences Information: your food preferences, use of coupons and exclusive offers, and the rewards you earn through our rewards program so that we can learn more about your interests and better serve you.
- Financial and Payment Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for services, goods, or products purchased through the Gyu-Kaku Site, such as your payment credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and related billing information.
- Locational and Demographic Information: information you provide that enables us to determine areas of interest and activities; locational information, such as communities or neighborhoods; and demographic information, such as birth date, age, and gender.
- Transaction Information and General Feedback: information you provide when you interact with us and the Gyu-Kaku Site, such as email, online form, and other communications, as well as content you post on message boards or social media, or information you submit about our products, goods, or services.
- Lifestyle and Personal Preferences: your social media accounts and user names, as well as content, such as photos and videos of yourself.
When Does Gyu-Kaku Collect This Information? We may collect information when you interact with Gyu-Kaku and the Gyu-Kaku Site, for example when you:
- Access or use the Gyu-Kaku Site.
- Visit our restaurants.
- Sign up to receive our email newsletter and receive news, information, and exclusive offers, etc.
- Participate in our rewards program and earn rewards on your smartphone for dining at Gyu-Kaku restaurants.
- Purchase products, goods, or services, including gift cards, on or through the Gyu-Kaku Site.
- Make reservations at our restaurants.
- Contact us and submit inquiries regarding reservations, general information, our rewards program, marketing, and/or franchises.
- Fill out online surveys, questionnaires, or forms.
- Post comments, or submit photos, reviews, ratings, or other information.
- Participate in Gyu-Kaku Site promotions or sweepstakes.
- Send emails to us, including attached files.
- Open or respond to our emails.
- Register or create or edit your account and user profile.
- Contact customer support.
- Apply for employment on or through the Gyu-Kaku Site.
- Request information regarding Gyu-Kaku franchising opportunities on or through the Gyu-Kaku Site.
At any time, you may indicate your preference to stop receiving further communications from us as further detailed below.
How Do We Use Your Information? In general, information you submit or share with us is used by Gyu-Kaku, for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To enable your access to our services and the Gyu-Kaku Site features.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve the Gyu-Kaku Site.
- To fulfill your requests for products, goods, and services, including gift cards and restaurant reservations, and process your transactions and orders.
- To fulfill your point redemptions through our rewards program.
- To provide you with information in response to your inquiries.
- To administer sweepstakes, contests, challenges, promotions, surveys, or other Gyu-Kaku Site features.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products, goods, and services.
- To offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions, and functionality from us or on our behalf.
- To assist us in taking data security precautions and to engage in fraud prevention, detection, and remediation.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial and local laws, directives, rules, regulations, and ordinances; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements, such as court orders.
Information Collected Via Technology – Do We Use “Cookies”? As you use the Gyu-Kaku Site, certain information may be passively collected and stored on our service providers’ server logs, including your device information (e.g., Internet protocol address, browser type, device settings, and operating system) and usage information (e.g., the Gyu-Kaku Site you use, the time and duration of your use of the Gyu-Kaku Site, and other information about your interaction with content offered through the Gyu-Kaku Site) (collectively, “Log Data”). We use Log Data to administer the Gyu-Kaku Site and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize, and enhance the Gyu-Kaku Site by expanding features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences.
Click Stream Data. When you visit the Gyu-Kaku Site, we may also collect “click stream data” (e.g., server address, domain name). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us by registering, for example, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use click stream data for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of the Gyu-Kaku Site, to determine which features of the Gyu-Kaku Site are most or least effective or useful to you.
Mobile and Location Information. If you use mobile-enabled services provided by the Gyu-Kaku Site, such as any Gyu-Kaku mobile or tablet application made available by us, we may receive information about your use of our services from your mobile device while you use our applications or services. This may also include information about your precise location if you have enabled location-based services on your mobile device. We may also receive information about your device and may access your camera, microphone, or other device services or hardware. Some devices may allow you to opt-out of this collection or access, and in those cases, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection or access. Please review your device settings for more information.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Gyu-Kaku Site in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Modifying, Deleting Your Information. You can access and modify the information you provide to us via your account on the Gyu-Kaku Site or by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below (i.e., either by phone, mail, or email). If you want us to delete your information, please contact us in writing with your request, at email@example.com or via mail in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. You can adjust your communication preferences at any time, including opting out of promotional mailings, from your account.
How Long We Keep Your Information. We will retain your information for as long as you use the Gyu-Kaku Site and for a limited period after you cease using the Gyu-Kaku Site for billing and collection purposes. Gyu-Kaku keeps your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law.
- OTHER GYU-KAKU SITE USER ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION. Portions of the Gyu-Kaku Site, such as social networking sites, are provided to you so that you can post reviews and recommendations. As such, the main sharing of your information is with other Gyu-Kaku Site users. By voluntarily disclosing information about yourself on the Gyu-Kaku Site, including on your public profile, you share such information with other Gyu-Kaku Site users. You understand and acknowledge that the content you share on the Gyu-Kaku Site is information that may be publically viewable on a public forum – once you post your content, Gyu-Kaku is unable to control what other users may do with that content. We ask that you protect your private information and that of your family by not posting or publishing any information that you do not want in the public domain. You may restrict the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you by adjusting the settings on your account.
- Third Party Access to Your Information. Although you are entering into an agreement to disclose your information to us pursuant to this Policy, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, app developers, and others. Throughout the course of our provision of the Gyu-Kaku Site to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website, or, our online and mobile interface provider develops and hosts a mobile application for us. It is therefore necessary that you grant the third parties we may use in the course of our business the same rights that you afford us under this Policy. For this reason, you hereby agree that every authorization that you grant to us in this Policy, you also grant to any third party that we may hire, contract, or otherwise retain the services of for the purpose of operating, maintaining, repairing, or otherwise improving or preserving the Gyu-Kaku Site or its underlying files or systems. You agree not to hold us liable for the actions of any of these third parties, even if we would normally be held vicariously liable for their actions, and that you must take legal action against them directly should they commit any tort or other actionable wrong against you.
- THIRD PARTY USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Except as otherwise stated in this Policy, we do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise share for marketing purposes the personal information that we collect with third parties, unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
However, we may provide your personal information to third party service providers or affiliates to perform business functions on our behalf or in conjunction with us. For example, we may use third parties to help us make our products, goods, and services available to you, fulfill orders you may have placed, process credit card payments, provide customer service, ship postal mail and packages, deliver your mail and packages, conduct market research or information analysis, manage promotions and sweepstakes, and contact you in connection with the Gyu-Kaku Site. We limit information provided to the aforementioned affiliate and third-party service providers to the extent necessary for them to provide the services and require such service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us. In these instances, we may need to provide your information to these third parties for such purposes.
Additionally, in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy, and that any acquirer of ours or that acquirer’s assets may continue to process your personal information as set forth in this Policy.
You hereby consent to us sharing your personal information under the circumstances described herein. If you do not want us to use or disclose personal information collected about you in the manner identified in this Policy, you may not use the Gyu-Kaku Site.
- Commercial Emails. You may choose not to receive commercial emails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial emails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Gyu-Kaku Site. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
- SECURITY. We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personal information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. The Gyu-Kaku Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Gyu-Kaku strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Gyu-Kaku Site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Gyu-Kaku Site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Gyu-Kaku Site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Gyu-Kaku Site may contain links to other websites or mobile applications. This includes services in connection with third party "social media" and other sites that would allow personal information to be transferred to such third parties (e.g., Open Table, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.). If you choose to visit other websites or mobile applications, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites or mobile applications, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites or mobile applications to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
- Your California Privacy Rights: CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information are collected about you, and you have the right to request that Gyu-Kaku disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. As described in more detail herein, the Gyu-Kaku Site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the past 12 months: identifiers (e.g., name, email address, IP address, etc.); commercial information (e.g., products purchased or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies); Internet activity (e.g., usage data and information on your interaction with the Gyu-Kaku Site); geolocation data (e.g., your physical location, generally); and inferences about personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling (e.g., via cookies).
As such and as applicable, you may submit a verifiable consumer request by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below (i.e., either by phone, mail, or email). You also have the right to know what personal information is sold, shared, or disclosed with third parties. You may submit a verifiable consumer request by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below (i.e., either by phone, mail, or email). Further, under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information; however, we do not sell your personal information. Subject to statutory exclusions, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected about you. You may submit a request for deletion by contacting us in writing with your request, at contact@Gyu-Kaku.com or via mail in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not be discriminated against.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS: CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personal information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. Such requests must be submitted to us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America. The Gyu-Kaku Site is intended only for users based in the United States. Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you live outside the United States, and you use the Gyu-Kaku Site or provide us with personal information directly via the Gyu-Kaku Site, your information will be handled in accordance with this Policy. By using the Gyu-Kaku Site or giving us your personal information, you are directly transferring your personal information and non-identifiable information to us in the United States. The United States may not have the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. However, you agree and consent to our receipt, collection, transfer, and processing of your personal information and non-identifiable information in accordance with this Policy. You are solely responsible for compliance with any data protection or privacy obligations in your jurisdiction when you use the Gyu-Kaku Site or provide us with personal information. Regardless of where we transfer your information, we still protect your information in the manner described in this Policy.
- Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ACCESS AND CONTINUED USE OF THE GYU-KAKU SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
- CONTACT US. If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to the Gyu-Kaku Site, or if you would like to have us modify or remove your personal information from our database, please contact us at:
Reins International (USA) Co., Ltd. dba Gyu-Kaku
Attn: Website Administrator
20000 Mariner Ave., Ste. 500
Torrance, California, 90503
When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.